Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ice Cream Round Up!

A while back I signed up to the Ice Cream Round up- that Joy of Desserts (and let's face it- there is seriously something wrong with you if you don't have a joy for desserts) is hosting. I think she thought I had forgotten but no- I have been thinking about icecream alot so I am sharing two recipes. This one is something I adapted from somewhere (I do that alot!) and is my sister's favourite icecream...and it's really kind of an icecream cakeish creation. It is SO mega simple to make.

Slender Octopus's Sisters Favourite Icecream Cakeish Creation.

Ingredients.
2 tbsp of your favourite instant coffee (make it a good one :)
1/3 cup of boiling water
2tbsp Kahlua (I actually use about half a cup or more LOL)
400g can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
600ml Cream
1/4 cup milk (I can't recall doing this bit- but there you have it! I maybe omited it due to the extra Kahlua)
12 sponge fingers (sometimes I use more depending what pan I am using)
Grated dark chocolate for serving. (Lindt, Valhrona, etc)

Method

Combine coffee, water and Kahlua- cool
Combine condensed milk and cream in large bowl and beat till wickedly thick.
Beat in half the coffee mixture.
The original recipe used a 18cm X 28cm Lamington pan (yes I'm an aussie) but you can use a bread loaf pan as well and break the sponge fingers to fit.
I line it with that great Glad Bake and Cooking Paper spoon half cream mixture into pan.
Top with the sponge fingers then finish with remaining cream mixture and freeze.

Serve when frozen with the grated chocolate and enjoy.

1 comment:

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Thank you for participating. This sounds like a really good ice cream cake. I think it would make a great finish for an elegant dinner party, and I can imagine all sorts of variations on the theme too.

Related Posts with Thumbnails