Friday, May 9, 2008

Lament of the slow cooker & cooking thingies

I know I posted about my slow cooker before- and I am still waiting for the replacement...I am getting edgy there are alot of recipes I want to try and I just KNOW they will all be better in the slow cooker. Come on slow cooker I am sure you need me just as much as I need you!
Who would of thought I'd become this way over a slow cooker!

Anyway, now I have a confession- remember my post about menu planning- well since downloading the software I haven't even looked at it. I am keeping things simple by just looking through my recipe books/cooking sites, writing down the seven meals getting the ingredients in our weekly shop and then I am ready to go.

Some cooking sites.

Taste- Australian site, lots of recipes from various publications. I use this one a bit-even just to get inspiration.

Mealopedia   Menu planning, recipes, free sms of ingredients to your mobile

Chocolate and Zucchini (LOVE THIS ONE!!)

Gourmet Traveller- I used to subscribe to this magazine, pretty food, pretty places.







Some recent recipes that tantalised my tastebuds....and are on next weeks menu.

Cocotte Roasted Chicken I like to use Lilydale free range chooks for my chicken recipes...haven't made this one before but have made similar recipes so should be delish!


Baked Pasta Casserole (minus the almonds...they just aren't my thing..thought I might add something else)

Vegie Shepherds Pie- well actually their version is lentil....last time I made it- I paid no attention to the recipe at all- just put what I wanted in it! (possibly chickpeas?hmm can't remember!) It was very very loosely based on this recipe.....if anyone ACTUALLY makes this recipe and sticks to quantities etc can you leave a comment here and let me know how it was? LOL.

I am thinking maybe a yoghurt marinated lamb dish as well...we will see.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails